Thursday, August 14, 2008

April trip to New York

Last year I wasn't able to go with my dad to New York to see my sister because I had Schroeder. This year I was fortunate enough to have a husband who not only helped me go to New York, but also watched the baby for 4 days by himself after he'd only been home from Iraq about a week.

The plane ride started off awful because I got sick on the plane and then on the taxi ride home(she was a crazy driver which didn't help). I was worried I might have caught something, only to realize later I was just sick because I was newly pregnant. Whoops! Anyways, here are some pictures of our trip.
Tamara and I riding the Jersey transit

Dad and I at Ellis Island

Ellis Island



Statue of Liberty

I love this picture. Tamara and Dad are both taking a picture of the statue of liberty.
Cherry Blossoms near the Statue of Liberty

At a cute Hoboken breakfast place

The three of us before we head out to our dinner cruise.

My dad, I love it when he really smiles.

Tamara and I at our table on the cruise.
Dad and I on the top of the cruise deck with the Statue of Liberty behind us.
Tamara and I near the Statue of Liberty at night.
I had a great trip with Tamara and Dad. It may be my last trip to New York for awhile since we have a new addition coming along to our family in a few months. At least I have some good memories of my time spent there.

2 comments:

Bekki said...

I was actually about to email you to update your blog!!
I love the pictures of you w/ the Statue of Liberty in the background. We didn't get to go to the SoL while in NYC. Maybe one day! You look so pretty on your way to the dinner cruise!
(Your daddy is so cute btw!)
Are you back to blogging world now? Or at least for a few more months till baby comes along? When do you find out the sex???

emily and danny said...

I'm with you, Bekki! Carrie- are you back to Blogging again?!?! I loved reading about your trip and seeing pictures! You should take another trip soon -- to Austin!! I promise you won't get sick on a plane if you drive 2.5 hrs. here :)